our sites български

Parvan Boianov

After Nikola Popov lost credit in the Municipality Council, the Democratic Accord continued its rule till the beginning of 1932 through changing the mayor. On 11 April 1930,  Parvan Bianov, a lawyer, was elected a new mayor. In his first days in the office, he addressed the Council: "If Varna is to match the modern European cities in their progress, it has to follow their example - to borrow long-term loans and invest them in its urban development." During his mandate the regulation of the streets in the old part of the town was almost completed. The regulation plans of the private properties in Sev-Sevmes and Pekarevia districts were made. Bridges were built to connect parts of the town and also outside its limits. The Municipality contracted loans to build houses. It increased its support to the poor and ill citizens.

Paying the necessary attention to the trade and industry, the Mayor thought that it was equally important to work for the modernisation of the resort: creating entertainments for the foreign visitors, new improvements in the Seaside Garden, maintaining the town clean, raising the quality of services. Parvan Bianov managed to secure some concessions for the summer season, like the operation of 6-7 excursion trains with 50% discount. A more enthusiastic afforestation of Varna outskirts strated in 1931.

Despite the fact that the income of the Municipality fell because of the general economic crisis , two school building were completed - one in Damianova Mahala and "Tsar Simeon" School. Negotiations were held for s loan to build a school in Dodroudzha district. The basic construction works of the theatre building were completed in Bianov' term in office. A loan of 4 million leva, extended by the Popular Bank, contributed to that.

In 1926, at the initiative of the Culture and Education Tchitalishte Society, the first Bulgarian Folk Music Festival started its existence. From 1930 on, its was organised by the Municipality.

Parvan Bianov stood in office till the elections in March 1932, when a new mayor was elected. After that he worked as a lawyer.